New York News
Man arrested for more than 150 prank 911 calls
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Fire Marshals arrested 30-year-old Jesus Leon Jr. for making more than 150 prank 911 calls to an Inwood couple.
It turns out the suspect lived in the apartment right underneath the victims.
For some reason, authorities say he had an issue with building management and the victims.
Marshals investigated and narrowed their search down to him.
When they went to question him, he admitted doing it.
Leon is charged with numerous counts of falsely reporting an incident and reckless endangerment.
"We're pleased our Fire Marshals have arrested this man who wasted tremendous amounts of city resources, and endangered the lives of first responders and the public," said Chief Fire Marshal Robert Byrnes.
new york city, inwood, new york news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 55 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam 21 min ago
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 22 min ago
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day...
18 min ago
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
55 min ago
- Man who took video explains high school fued
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos