New York News
Man arrested for more than 150 prank 911 calls
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Fire Marshals arrested 30-year-old Jesus Leon Jr. for making more than 150 prank 911 calls to an Inwood couple.
It turns out the suspect lived in the apartment right underneath the victims.
For some reason, authorities say he had an issue with building management and the victims.
Marshals investigated and narrowed their search down to him.
When they went to question him, he admitted doing it.
Leon is charged with numerous counts of falsely reporting an incident and reckless endangerment.
"We're pleased our Fire Marshals have arrested this man who wasted tremendous amounts of city resources, and endangered the lives of first responders and the public," said Chief Fire Marshal Robert Byrnes.
new york city, inwood, new york news
- South Plainfield High School on lockdown 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 44 min ago
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 4 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 18 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years