New York News
Blood drive held for injured firefighter
PROSPECT HEIGHTS, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A blood drive was held for Firefighter Robert Wiedmann in Prospect Heights Friday night.
Engine 280/Ladder 132 held the blood drive because Wiedmann still has weeks of surgery ahead of him.
His blood type is Type O negative, which is rare.
A Fire Department spokesman says a total of 110 pints of blood was donated.
Wiedmann was burned over 50% of his body while battling a fire in Crown Heights last month.
Blood donations for Wiedmann can also be made through the New York Blood Center at 800-439-6876.
Wiedmann's patient number is 203859 and his file number is 71614.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, prospect heights, firefighter injured, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute 1 min ago
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey still predicting 2014 role
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
34 min ago