New York News
Blood drive held for injured firefighter
PROSPECT HEIGHTS, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A blood drive was held for Firefighter Robert Wiedmann in Prospect Heights Friday night.
Engine 280/Ladder 132 held the blood drive because Wiedmann still has weeks of surgery ahead of him.
His blood type is Type O negative, which is rare.
A Fire Department spokesman says a total of 110 pints of blood was donated.
Wiedmann was burned over 50% of his body while battling a fire in Crown Heights last month.
Blood donations for Wiedmann can also be made through the New York Blood Center at 800-439-6876.
Wiedmann's patient number is 203859 and his file number is 71614.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, prospect heights, firefighter injured, new york news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 33 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth 2 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Bear the police dog 4 min ago