Long Island News
Homeless science whiz gets new home Saturday
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's a great ending to a whirlwind week for a homeless teenage science whiz on Long Island.
Saturday, the Suffolk County Executive will present Samantha Garvey and her family with keys to their own home.
Samantha, who was living in a homeless shelter with her family, became news after she was named a semi-finalist in the Intel Science Competition.
She didn't make the finals, but what a week she's had.
On Tuesday, she was a guest of the President at his State of the Union Address.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, student, long island news
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance 25 min ago
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area 37 min ago
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year 43 min ago
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen