New Jersey News
Hoboken turns down 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
HOBOKEN -- The city of Frank Sinatra's birth has denied a request for a spinoff of MTV's "Jersey Shore" reality show to film in the city.
Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer says the Film Commission's decision was made based on safety and quality of life concerns for residents of "The Mile Square City" along the Hudson River.
Hoboken officials say 495 Productions was seeking a 24-hour filming permit to follow two "well-known reality television celebrities" who would live in the city.
It's not clear who the personalities would be. But The Jersey Journal reported last month that MTV was scouting locations for Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley.
The company, which has filmed "Jersey Shore" in Seaside Heights, Miami and Italy, can appeal the decision to the Hoboken City Council.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, hoboken, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New York City issues snow alert
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport 11 min ago
- Christie appointee resigns amid probe 12 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books