New York News
Baby giraffe born at Bronx Zoo
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Bronx Zoo has released pictures of a new female giraffe calf born this month.
The zoo says the calf stays close to her mother in the Carter Giraffe Building and will be making her debut in about a week.
The baby giraffe was 6 feet tall and over 100 pounds at birth.
Giraffes are native to grasslands, savannas, and open woodlands in central, east, and southern Africa. The Baringo, or Rothschild's, giraffe is found in western Kenya and eastern Uganda.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife 17 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 9 min ago
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Photos: Easter 2014 Around the World
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos