ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway disruptions begin in Queens
QUEENS (WABC) -- A track repair project at three stations along Queens Boulevard began on Saturday.
The work will be going on 24 hours a day for nine straight days. It sounds like a lot, but the MTA says if they staggered the work, the project could take weeks.
Major services disruptions will occur along the E and the F trains along Queens Boulevard.
Tracks will be closed between Parsons Boulevard and 71st Avenue in Forest Hills until 5 a.m. Monday, April 16.
Plus, all Manhattan-bound trains will bypass the Sutphin Bouvelard station, the Briarwood-Van Wyck station and the 75th Avenue station.
MTA and NYC Transit chose to close the section of track over a brief period of time over consecutive days instead of a long series of weekends.
The tracks and support equipment will be completely replaced with new ties, tie blocks, plates and rails.
There are several options for riders.
E and F riders at 75th Avenue wishing to travel towards Manhattan must board a Queens-bound train, travel to the Union Turnpike-Kew Gardens station and transfer to a Manhattan-bound train.
E and F riders at Briarwood-Van Wyck Boulevard must board a Queens-bound train and travel to the Jamaica-Van Wyck (E) or Parsons Boulevard (F) stations to transfer to a Manhattan-bound train.
F riders at Sutphin Boulevard (F) must board a Queens-bound train and travel to Parsons Boulevard (F) to transfer to a Manhattan-bound train. ---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, mass transit, new york city transit, subway, bus, abc7 traffic center
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 21 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos