New York News
2 arrested in Bronx murder of chef during robbery
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Two Bronx men were arrested for the fatal shooting of a restaurant chef on way home from work in a robbery-gone-bad for his iPhone.
Police say 21-year-old Alejandro Campos and 20-year-old Dominick Davis were arrested Thursday night.
Hwang Yang, 26, was murdered in Riverdale as he walked home from work early Thursday morning.
Authorities say the two men confessed to driving around, searching for victims who they believed had iPhones. After they stole the iPhone, they planned to put it on craigslist and sell it.
Detectives say Davis confessed to the killing, while Campos drove the getaway car. Davis claimed that he fired the gun accidentally during the incident.
They believe the two regularly canvassed neighborhood searching for potential iPhone victims.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, riverdale, bronx, mugging, robbery, murder, shooting, new york news
- Los Angeles earthquake felt by residents 7 min ago
- Guinness drops St. Pat's Day parade sponsorship
- AccuWeather: Snow for some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Shelton teen critical after being shot in head 18 min ago
- Cop shoots pit bull in Bronx apartment building
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- Rubble cleared, East Harlem blast investigation ramps up
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Crimea parliament declares independence after vote
- Russian media warns of turning US into 'radioactive dust'
- Chris Brown kicked out of rehab, facing jail time
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon