New Jersey News
Dog spooked by fireworks rescued on GW Bridge
GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE (WABC) -- A German Shepherd who ran away after being scared by fireworks was rescued on the George Washington Bridge Thursday.
Police were notified by construction workers on the bridge of a loose.
Officer Kameel Juman responded to the lower level and was able to climb onto the catwalk and place a collar and leash around the dog named Charlie.
Port Authority Police were able to swing the dog off the catwalk to safety.
Charlie was taken to the vet where he was diagnosed with a possible skunk bite and skunk spray.
He was reunited with his owner from Leonia who said the pooch ran away from the firework noise.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 39 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary