New York News
Obama's former New York City apartment up for rent
NEW YORK -- The New York City apartment where the future President Barack Obama lived in the 1980s is available for rent. But there's no guarantee it'll inspire presidential aspirations in the next occupant.
The website listing states: "Live Like the President!!!." But a Citi Habitats broker listing the apartment this week told the Wall Street Journal that the flat was "a typical New York City walk-up."
The two-bedroom railroad apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side is listed for $2,400 a month.
When Obama shared the 109th Street apartment with a roommate while attending Columbia University the monthly rent was $360.
Broker Zak Kneider said he had received nine emails inquiring about the apartment by Wednesday evening.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, barack obama, new york news
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 19 min ago
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified 42 min ago
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV 53 min ago
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
19 min ago