New York News
Obama's former New York City apartment up for rent
NEW YORK -- The New York City apartment where the future President Barack Obama lived in the 1980s is available for rent. But there's no guarantee it'll inspire presidential aspirations in the next occupant.
The website listing states: "Live Like the President!!!." But a Citi Habitats broker listing the apartment this week told the Wall Street Journal that the flat was "a typical New York City walk-up."
The two-bedroom railroad apartment on Manhattan's Upper West Side is listed for $2,400 a month.
When Obama shared the 109th Street apartment with a roommate while attending Columbia University the monthly rent was $360.
Broker Zak Kneider said he had received nine emails inquiring about the apartment by Wednesday evening.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, barack obama, new york news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Metro North trains being removed from accident scene
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Sunday's Yankees vs. Jays game postponed due to weather
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- 3 in custody in connection to Yonkers man's death
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- President Obama gives speech to Morehouse graduates
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers