Politics & Elections
Up Close: Eliot Spitzer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- He's no longer the sheriff of Wall Street, sparking fear and trying to keep 'em honest.
But that's not stopping former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer from targeting financial bad guys.
This time, with neither handcuffs nor the power of subpoena, Spitzer from his perch as a cable TV host, is taking aim at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and its former president Tim Geithner, who just happens to now be Secretary of the Treasury.
Spitzer says the Fed knew before the rest of us about the growing interest rate rigging scandal and did nothing to stop what could become one of the biggest bank frauds in history.
As attorney general and governor, Spitzer used his office to go after corporate giants, making him political enemy number one on Wall Street.
He now has a new bully pulpit as the host of "Viewpoint" on Al Gore's cable network, Current TV.
Governor Spitzer joins us to sound the alarm on the interest rate rigging scandal and to talk some politics as the political conventions are just a few weeks away.
Watch Up Close with Diana Williams every Sunday morning at 11:00 on Channel 7.
GET MORE POLITICAL NEWS FROM EYEWITNESS NEWS AND ABC NEWS Get Eyewitness News Delivered
up close, politics & elections, diana williams
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 55 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles 58 min ago
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos