New York News
Thieves steal gullible man's $150,000 Maserati
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Florida man learned a tough lesson about trusting strangers in New York City after his Maserati was stolen in Times Square.
Police say 43-year-old Chadwick Lange, who had just moved to New York City, left his $150,000 car idling while he got out on West 47th Street and Broadway just before 5 a.m. Sunday.
Investigators say two men asked if they could get their picture taken inside the vehicle. When Lange agreed, one man hopped into the driver's seat and punched the gas pedal.
The accomplice fled the scene.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, times square, new york news
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault 29 min ago
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos