New York News
Human remains found at LaGuardia Airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Human skeletal remains were discovered on the grounds of LaGuardia Airport Monday night.
The bones were found by Port Authority maintenance workers in a secure area of the airport around 6:20 p.m.
The workers were removing high weeds that obscure the sightlines when they made the discovery.
The remains had to be removed before high tide came in.
The area is on the shore line of Flushing Bay, where there is no public access.
The Medical Examiner's office removed the skeletal remains and took them to a lab for analysis.
Port Authority investigators will look into missing persons in the area as they try to determine the identity.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos