New York News
Human remains found at LaGuardia Airport
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Human skeletal remains were discovered on the grounds of LaGuardia Airport Monday night.
The bones were found by Port Authority maintenance workers in a secure area of the airport around 6:20 p.m.
The workers were removing high weeds that obscure the sightlines when they made the discovery.
The remains had to be removed before high tide came in.
The area is on the shore line of Flushing Bay, where there is no public access.
The Medical Examiner's office removed the skeletal remains and took them to a lab for analysis.
Port Authority investigators will look into missing persons in the area as they try to determine the identity.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, laguardia airport, new york news
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance 20 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache 21 min ago
- 'Unusual condition' seen before Metro North crash 32 min ago
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river 16 min ago
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash....
16 min ago
- Lingering flood waters create commuting...
21 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos