Long Island News
Youth baseball coach charged with harassing rival
COMMACK -- There was much more to talk about them just, runs, hits and errors at many baseball diamonds in Suffolk County on Sunday.
Both parents and players were buzzing about, what seems like a made-for-TV drama, with John Reardon in the leading role.
"I don't think anything is going to happen, hopefully he's learned his lesson," said victim John Reardon.
"He" is this man, Robert Sanfilippo, police maintain, the villain in this story.
He manages the youth baseball team, the Long Island Vengeance and authorities say stalked and threatened Reardon and his family, after the two men got into it during a game over Memorial Day weekend.
"It kind of escalated from there, words back and forth, he made a couple of threats, he was going to beat me up in the parking lot," said Reardon.
Reardon didn't give it much thought until August 23rd, when he tells Eyewitness News he got a series of disturbing threats.
"That day I got about 4, 5, 6, texts, threatening me and my family, showing pictures of my house, pictures of my family," he adds.
One showed John and his 10-year-old son at the bus stop, in front of his home.Then he put one and one together, called police and remembered that argument he had with Sanfilippo.
It didn't take long, police say Sanfilippo had purchased what he thought was an untraceable phone and determined he was the one sending John the messages.
Sanfilippo was arrested but is not out of jail and did not answer his door. ---
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
long island, yaphank, stalking, long island news, kemberly richardson
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Suspect arrested in Kansas City highway shootings
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure 24 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
- ObamaCare signups surpass 8 million mark
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet 46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos