ABC7 Traffic Center
Subway lines still affected by water main break
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Several subway lines are still being affected by Friday's water main break in the Flatiron District at 23rd Street and Broadway.
Crews worked late into the night repairing road damage in the area, but the subway station at 23rd and Broadway remains closed.
The break happened around 11:30 a.m. sending water into the streets and the subway. Officials say Fifth Avenue is shut down at Broadway and undermined. Repairs will take several days and 5th will need to be closed entirely between 25th and 23rd.
In terms of subway service, the water main break impacted service on the N, Q and R trains. The water went down vent grates into the station area, officials said. MTA says pumpout operations and inspections were completed in the evening.
As of 7:15 p.m., B - Normal service; some trains via southbound local, (Prospect Park-Brighton Beach)
D - Normal service;
N - Express in Manhattan and via the Montague Street Tunnel to/from Brooklyn
Q - Normal service
R - Both directions via the F between 36th Street (Qns) and 47th-50th Street/Rockefeller Center then run on the D line in both directions between and 47th-50th Street/Rockefeller Center and DeKalb Avenue.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
mta, water main break, subway, abc7 traffic center
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 28 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Missing autistic boy found in Brooklyn
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland 57 min ago
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- South Korea ferry captain arrested; death toll at 32
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
28 min ago
- Death toll rises to 13 in Mount Everest...
12 min ago