ABC7 Traffic Center
Limited LIRR service restored westbound
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Limited LIRR westbound service has been restored with delays between Jamaica and Penn Station due to signal problems in Amtrak's East River Tunnels.
An East Side access contractor doing excavation near the Sunnyside, Queens, yards inadvertently cut a single cable.
That has caused today's train troubles.
Seven eastbound LIRR trains have been cancelled so far. There may be additional eastbound cancellations.
Trains that are running are reportedly running on or close to schedule. Customers should still expect crowding conditions.
NYC Transit is crossing-honoring between Jamaica and Penn Station.
mass transit, abc7 traffic center
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Carteret freight train derailment: Turnpike reopens
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos