New Jersey News
2 dead in East Brunswick car accident
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- A horrific crash killed a husband and wife as they left a synagogue in New Jersey.
It happened at Dunham's Corner Road and Hardenburg Lane in East Brunswick just before 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Members of the synagogue tell Eyewitness News that the victims had just left their Sabbath service and were walking with their 27-year-old son and another couple, when a car jumped the curb and crashed into them.
The husband's legs were severed, and the wife's body was tossed into the bushes.
Several neighbors claim the driver was speeding and trying to cut a right turn before the light turned red when the car jumped the curb - killing the victim's on the sidewalk and taking down a utility pole.
The victim's son and the second couple were taken to the hospital along with the driver.
The driver has not been charged.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east brunswick, accident, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach 13 min ago
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 42 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 56 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school 23 min ago
- Water line floods three Midtown building...
40 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos