New Jersey News
2 dead in East Brunswick car accident
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- A horrific crash killed a husband and wife as they left a synagogue in New Jersey.
It happened at Dunham's Corner Road and Hardenburg Lane in East Brunswick just before 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Members of the synagogue tell Eyewitness News that the victims had just left their Sabbath service and were walking with their 27-year-old son and another couple, when a car jumped the curb and crashed into them.
The husband's legs were severed, and the wife's body was tossed into the bushes.
Several neighbors claim the driver was speeding and trying to cut a right turn before the light turned red when the car jumped the curb - killing the victim's on the sidewalk and taking down a utility pole.
The victim's son and the second couple were taken to the hospital along with the driver.
The driver has not been charged.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east brunswick, accident, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead 45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife 40 min ago
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon 32 min ago
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Granderson hits sac fly to lift Mets over Braves in 14 18 min ago
- Anna, Beltran key Yankees' 5-1, 12-inning win 9 min ago
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
30 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos