New Jersey News
2 dead in East Brunswick car accident
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- A horrific crash killed a husband and wife as they left a synagogue in New Jersey.
It happened at Dunham's Corner Road and Hardenburg Lane in East Brunswick just before 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Members of the synagogue tell Eyewitness News that the victims had just left their Sabbath service and were walking with their 27-year-old son and another couple, when a car jumped the curb and crashed into them.
The husband's legs were severed, and the wife's body was tossed into the bushes.
Several neighbors claim the driver was speeding and trying to cut a right turn before the light turned red when the car jumped the curb - killing the victim's on the sidewalk and taking down a utility pole.
The victim's son and the second couple were taken to the hospital along with the driver.
The driver has not been charged.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east brunswick, accident, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- 5-year-old struck and killed in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Guinness drops sponsorship of St. Patrick's Parade
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mahopac HS basketball coach resigns after racism allegations
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Florida overall No. 1 seed for NCAA tournament
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos