New Jersey News
2 dead in East Brunswick car accident
EAST BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- A horrific crash killed a husband and wife as they left a synagogue in New Jersey.
It happened at Dunham's Corner Road and Hardenburg Lane in East Brunswick just before 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Members of the synagogue tell Eyewitness News that the victims had just left their Sabbath service and were walking with their 27-year-old son and another couple, when a car jumped the curb and crashed into them.
The husband's legs were severed, and the wife's body was tossed into the bushes.
Several neighbors claim the driver was speeding and trying to cut a right turn before the light turned red when the car jumped the curb - killing the victim's on the sidewalk and taking down a utility pole.
The victim's son and the second couple were taken to the hospital along with the driver.
The driver has not been charged.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east brunswick, accident, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 13 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe 57 min ago
- JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Queens trench rescue 11 min ago