New York News
By Brooklyn, Made in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A shop called "By Brooklyn", was opened by Gaia DiLoreto in Carroll Gardens in April. She's a Brooklyn transplant and felt compelled to show off her borough's wares. Everything sold here is made in Brooklyn and there's great range, for example, chutney.
Just one of the many food items she sells, there's also an array of bath and beauty products. Their bath scrubs don't use any preservatives.
There are ceramics, jewelry, pillows, pillow cases, blankets, onesies and when it comes to books, they're written by Brooklynites. There are even Brooklyn-made headphones!
There are lights like they use in the subway, as well as wallets and handbags.
Sometimes Gaia seeks out artisans, others contact her. And as far her customers go, many of them are tourists.
While the tourists want a piece of it all, so do the Brooklynites.
LINK: MADE IN BROOKLYN
new york city, brooklyn, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- AccuWeather: Brisk And Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two lanes blocked on GWB due to maintenance
- Mother charged with murder in Baby Angel case
- Thieves target luxury cars in New York area
- Photos: Luxury car theft ring bust in NYC
- Metro-North derailment sparks rules review
- De Blasio says family will live in Gracie Mansion
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
- George Zimmerman will not face assault charges, prosecutors say
- Pope Francis chosen Time's Person of the Year
- Photos: Time's Person of the Year: The unchosen