New York News
By Brooklyn, Made in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A shop called "By Brooklyn", was opened by Gaia DiLoreto in Carroll Gardens in April. She's a Brooklyn transplant and felt compelled to show off her borough's wares. Everything sold here is made in Brooklyn and there's great range, for example, chutney.
Just one of the many food items she sells, there's also an array of bath and beauty products. Their bath scrubs don't use any preservatives.
There are ceramics, jewelry, pillows, pillow cases, blankets, onesies and when it comes to books, they're written by Brooklynites. There are even Brooklyn-made headphones!
There are lights like they use in the subway, as well as wallets and handbags.
Sometimes Gaia seeks out artisans, others contact her. And as far her customers go, many of them are tourists.
While the tourists want a piece of it all, so do the Brooklynites.
LINK: MADE IN BROOKLYN
new york city, brooklyn, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Strollers recalled due to wheel blowouts , Kolcraft says
- Vince Flynn, best-selling author, dies
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: East Village bodega crash
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos