New York News
By Brooklyn, Made in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A shop called "By Brooklyn", was opened by Gaia DiLoreto in Carroll Gardens in April. She's a Brooklyn transplant and felt compelled to show off her borough's wares. Everything sold here is made in Brooklyn and there's great range, for example, chutney.
Just one of the many food items she sells, there's also an array of bath and beauty products. Their bath scrubs don't use any preservatives.
There are ceramics, jewelry, pillows, pillow cases, blankets, onesies and when it comes to books, they're written by Brooklynites. There are even Brooklyn-made headphones!
There are lights like they use in the subway, as well as wallets and handbags.
Sometimes Gaia seeks out artisans, others contact her. And as far her customers go, many of them are tourists.
While the tourists want a piece of it all, so do the Brooklynites.
LINK: MADE IN BROOKLYN
new york city, brooklyn, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest 28 min ago
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger 6 min ago
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Demolition underway after NJ fire;...
6 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to...
28 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos