New York News
Man loses part of ear after fight over TV clicker
STATEN ISLAND (WABC) -- A nasty fight over a TV clicker left one man in jail and another missing part of an ear on Staten Island.
Police say the beef started when a man at Mike Jr.'s diner in the Oakwood neighborhood changed the channel on the television on Thursday. A female patron didn't like it and called her husband.
A brawl then erupted outside,and that is when the teeth were bared, leaving the customer missing a part of his ear.
Witnesses say the biter also bashed the channel changer with a baseball bat.
Thomas Tomasello is charged with felony assault. He was released on $1,000 bail and is set to return to court on August 9th.
The customer is currently recovering.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, new york news
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress 5 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary