New York News
Brooklyn gun buyback nets 85 weapons
NEW YORK -- Police and the Brooklyn District Attorney's office say they recovered 85 weapons during a gun buyback program, including 40 revolvers and an assault rifle.
The program was held Saturday at the Evergreen Baptist Church in Brooklyn.
Those who turned in weapons received a $200 gift card. Authorities also recovered 28 semi-automatic handguns, nine rifles and two shotguns.
Police say seven of the weapons were loaded.
Among the guns, authorities recovered a Tec-9 semi-automatic.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, gun buy back, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees