Sam Champion's dad dies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Good Morning America's Sam Champion is mourning the loss of his dad.
After a life of service to his country and his family, Lt. Col. James H. Champion, U.S. Marine Corps (retired) passed away October 25 in Houston, Texas.
To learn more about Sam's dad, please visit ABCNews.com by clicking here.
He is survived by his wife of 53 years Sylvia (Murphy) Champion, son Samuel James Champion (NYC), daughter Teresa Champion, son in law John Quigley, grandchildren Sydney and James Quigley.
In lieu of flowers the family respectfully requests any donations in memoriam be made to:
MD Anderson Cancer Center (RE: Lt. Col. J. H. Champion), PO Box 4486, Houston, TX 77210 or Virginia Autism Project at VirginiaAutismProject.org
famous deaths, eyewitness news
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia