Sam Champion's dad dies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Good Morning America's Sam Champion is mourning the loss of his dad.
After a life of service to his country and his family, Lt. Col. James H. Champion, U.S. Marine Corps (retired) passed away October 25 in Houston, Texas.
To learn more about Sam's dad, please visit ABCNews.com by clicking here.
He is survived by his wife of 53 years Sylvia (Murphy) Champion, son Samuel James Champion (NYC), daughter Teresa Champion, son in law John Quigley, grandchildren Sydney and James Quigley.
In lieu of flowers the family respectfully requests any donations in memoriam be made to:
MD Anderson Cancer Center (RE: Lt. Col. J. H. Champion), PO Box 4486, Houston, TX 77210 or Virginia Autism Project at VirginiaAutismProject.org
famous deaths, eyewitness news
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92 36 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for missing...
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos