Mitt Romney's high school pranks
May 10, 2012 (WABC) -- Mitt Romney as bully?
The Washington Post has quite a story today about the pranks the presumptive GOP Presidential candidate pulled at an all boys private high school in Michigan.
The worst was holding down a student who had grown and bleached his hair, and then cutting his hair. The story says Romney targeted gay students.
One of Romney's friends from those days told ABC News today, "It's a haunting memory. I think it was for everybody that spoke up about it& because when you see somebody who is simply different taken down that way and is terrified and you see that look in their eye you never forget it. And that was what we all walked away with."
He says the students - which included him - and Romney were like "a pack of dogs."
Today, Romney apologized for anything he may have done that offended people - he called them "dumb things" - and insisted that "homosexuality was the furthest thing from his mind" with the "jokes" he played on classmates.
Not an on-message issue, especially the day after Pres. Obama declared his support for same-sex marriage and Mr. Romney declared again his opposition to it.
We'll have reaction to both, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, Nina Pineda takes on the plight of a newlywed couple from Long Island who paid big bucks for a company to DJ and make a video of their wedding and party. Months later - still no video. That's when the couple called Nina and got 7 On Your Side.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast, and Laura Behnke (in for Rob Powers) with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- Police hunt for man targeting Queens change machines
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series 7 min ago
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos