May 23, 2012 (WABC) -- It was the biggest and most hyped initial stock offering in U.S. history, so it figures that the fallout would also be huge - from investors who've so far lost money with Facebook stock.
I say "so far" because, like some other famously flopping IPO's that later turned around and made investors fabulously wealthy, Facebook could indeed turn around. Or at least that's what investors are hoping. Maybe even praying.
But now comes the fall out - the SEC looking into the IPO, as is the Attorney General of Massachusetts. And today in New York, a lawsuit filed - looking for class-action status - claiming that Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg and others knew that their filing inflated company earnings.
We'll have the latest on the post-IPO brouhaha, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, our Darla Miles takes a look at the 7 ways that women can live a better life. They're a great reminder that peace of mind and a healthy body don't just happen.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Newtown 911 calls released 22 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 16 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 25 min ago
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen... 28 min ago
- Parents plea for help to save boys from rare disease 32 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
16 min ago
- Bank forecloses on homeowner who is up to...
38 min ago