June 25, 2012 (WABC) -- They were rescuing folks from the surf on Thursday and Friday. Today they were rescuing folks from the floods and lightning.
We've gone from heat wave to flash flooding and lightning in the blink of an eye. Severe weather? Just another name for weather these days.
Tonight at 11, we look at the damage, and Meteorologist Lee Goldberg looks ahead at what we can expect.
Also at 11, we're tracking the fallout from today's big U.S. Supreme Court ruling - trashing the guts of Arizona's crackdown on illegal immigrants. Cops can still ask people they stop for their papers, but they can't bust them - virtually emasculating the controversial law, and providing a partial victory to Pres. Obama, who argued that the law was unconstitutional, and that immigration was a federal issue.
But some civil libertarians worry that, even though the police can't really do much with the information that someone is here illegally, having them be able to demand papers continues to provide an opening to racial profiling.
One more note.. if you feel like waking up to Lori Stokes - or any other member of the Eyewitness News morning team - you're in luck! We have a new "alarm clock" app - and if you click on this link - http://bit.ly/wabcalarm - you'll be able to download it!.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Liz Cho (in for Sade) and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Workers recover Bible as East Harlem debris cleared 3 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn 41 min ago
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- Workers recover Bible as East Harlem debris...
3 min ago