June 25, 2012 (WABC) -- They were rescuing folks from the surf on Thursday and Friday. Today they were rescuing folks from the floods and lightning.
We've gone from heat wave to flash flooding and lightning in the blink of an eye. Severe weather? Just another name for weather these days.
Tonight at 11, we look at the damage, and Meteorologist Lee Goldberg looks ahead at what we can expect.
Also at 11, we're tracking the fallout from today's big U.S. Supreme Court ruling - trashing the guts of Arizona's crackdown on illegal immigrants. Cops can still ask people they stop for their papers, but they can't bust them - virtually emasculating the controversial law, and providing a partial victory to Pres. Obama, who argued that the law was unconstitutional, and that immigration was a federal issue.
But some civil libertarians worry that, even though the police can't really do much with the information that someone is here illegally, having them be able to demand papers continues to provide an opening to racial profiling.
One more note.. if you feel like waking up to Lori Stokes - or any other member of the Eyewitness News morning team - you're in luck! We have a new "alarm clock" app - and if you click on this link - http://bit.ly/wabcalarm - you'll be able to download it!.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Liz Cho (in for Sade) and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home 38 min ago
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- AccuWeather Alert: Drenching downpours
- Eyewitness News Live
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty 53 min ago
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Boy Scouts to accept openly gay boys as Scouts
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Students injured in Brooklyn pepper spray incident
- Anthony Weiner courts voters in Harlem Thursday
- The New DNA fingerprint: Cell phones
- Photographer chronicles wife's breast cancer battle
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale