What should the Knicks do?
July 16, 2012 (WABC) -- Maybe the team just can't help itself.
That's what many Knicks fans are saying or at least thinking to themselves after a weekend that was embarrassing and frustrating.
Jason Kidd, the veteran guard who once starred with the Nets and who was brought in ostensibly to mentor Jeremy Lin, was busted for drunk driving and crashing his Cadillac Escalade into a tree and a phone poll in Southampton Saturday night.
Witnesses at a charity event say he was smashed when he left the event. He faces up to a year in jail if he's convicted.
And then the team decided, apparently, not to match an offer sheet from the Houston Rockets for Mr. Lin's services. Lin, responsible for Lin-sanity that sparked such amazing fan enthusiasm for the first Chinese-American pro basketball player and made the Knicks a small fortune in marketing money, will, it seems, leave New York just a few months after setting the area on fire.
Oh those Knicks. They just can't help themselves.
So what do you think? Or do you not care? We'd love to hear your thoughts.
We'll have the latest on the team's low-lights, months before they start their pre-season, tonight at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night. Rob Powers will have the night's sports- in addition to the aforementioned Knicks problems. Plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's hot hot hot AccuWeather forecast (tomorrow, BTW, is the 110th anniversary of the invention of the modern air conditioner the Steve Jobs of A/C if you will. Name is Dr. Willis H. Carrier and maybe you've heard of his name, since it's on one of the biggest heating and air conditioning companies in the world.
I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Bratton joins Sharpton at rally in Harlem
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment 56 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman