Rain and warnings
August 10, 2012 (WABC) -- You could get whiplash trying to follow the National Weather Service warnings this afternoon about tornados on Long Island.
First there was a warning, then it was cancelled. Then a few minutes later another warning and, quickly, another cancellation. Then another warning.
Which proves the point we make all the time despite all the science involved in forecasting, there is a huge and variable chunk of nature involved.
And things change. Quickly.
That said, there was indeed damage on Long Island from the wicked storm systems that roared through. Flooding and some trees down were the biggest problems.
We'll have the latest on the storm, the damage, and your weekend AccuWeather forecast. Meteorologist Amy Freeze (in for Lee Goldberg), leads our coverage.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Diana Williams (in for Sade Baderinwa) and me, tonight at 11, right after 20/20.
And a final note, I'll be off next week. We are launching The Conversation project at ABC News, so I'll be online with that.
And we'll have links on our webside to the project.
Thanks for your amazing feedback on.
Have a great weekend and week.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead 3 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 51 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store 18 min ago
- Man found alive in body bag dies weeks later 4 min ago
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- AccuWeather: Milder days ahead
3 min ago