October 1, 2012 (WABC) -- Watch out for the other guy. That was the cautionary mantra driven into our heads as young drivers.
And this weekend - as I drove my family to Boston - that's exactly what I ended up doing. Watching out for the other guy.
Two times I actually saw peeps backing up - BACKING UP!!! - on the highway because they overshot an off-ramp or didn't want to be stuck in traffic.
And another time I saw someone make a right turn from the highway - across a wide strip of grass, because they missed the off-ramp.
Where are the cops when you need them? I'm just sayin'.
But I'm back, alive, and prepping tonight's 11 p.m. newscast.
We'll have the breaking news of the night, plus an investigative piece by Jim Hoffer, about a computer training school in New Jersey, that apparently took thousands of dollars from students for tuition, but has now suddenly closed. Gone. So what happens to the students? And where's the owner? Jim is on the case for us.
I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- Child, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center 19 min ago
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos