October 1, 2012 (WABC) -- Watch out for the other guy. That was the cautionary mantra driven into our heads as young drivers.
And this weekend - as I drove my family to Boston - that's exactly what I ended up doing. Watching out for the other guy.
Two times I actually saw peeps backing up - BACKING UP!!! - on the highway because they overshot an off-ramp or didn't want to be stuck in traffic.
And another time I saw someone make a right turn from the highway - across a wide strip of grass, because they missed the off-ramp.
Where are the cops when you need them? I'm just sayin'.
But I'm back, alive, and prepping tonight's 11 p.m. newscast.
We'll have the breaking news of the night, plus an investigative piece by Jim Hoffer, about a computer training school in New Jersey, that apparently took thousands of dollars from students for tuition, but has now suddenly closed. Gone. So what happens to the students? And where's the owner? Jim is on the case for us.
I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's in Nassau County
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers 39 min ago
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- USA to open against Ghana in '14 World Cup