October 1, 2012 (WABC) -- Watch out for the other guy. That was the cautionary mantra driven into our heads as young drivers.
And this weekend - as I drove my family to Boston - that's exactly what I ended up doing. Watching out for the other guy.
Two times I actually saw peeps backing up - BACKING UP!!! - on the highway because they overshot an off-ramp or didn't want to be stuck in traffic.
And another time I saw someone make a right turn from the highway - across a wide strip of grass, because they missed the off-ramp.
Where are the cops when you need them? I'm just sayin'.
But I'm back, alive, and prepping tonight's 11 p.m. newscast.
We'll have the breaking news of the night, plus an investigative piece by Jim Hoffer, about a computer training school in New Jersey, that apparently took thousands of dollars from students for tuition, but has now suddenly closed. Gone. So what happens to the students? And where's the owner? Jim is on the case for us.
I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 6 min ago
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn 27 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog 9 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 18 min ago
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay
- Reservoir to be flushed because of urinating teen