Day of violence
December 10, 2012 (WABC) -- Sometimes I just want to scream, with all the violence in what is supposed to be the safest big city in the country.
We're on three stories that make me want to shout out: A young man was shot and killed near Columbus Circle on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, shot in the head by someone who stopped a car, fired, and then drove off; another elderly woman was attacked in her elevator, this time in the West Village (last week it was an 83-year-old woman in Chelsea); and a well-respected member of the ultra Orthodox Jewish community in Brooklyn was convicted today of 60 counts of sexually attacking a young girl who was sent to him for counseling. Erggggggg.
We're on all three stories, tonight at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Jeff Smith (in for Lee Goldberg) and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Liz Cho (in for Sade Baderinwa) and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Connecticut, NTSB officials to tour train crash site
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Cops investigating after Hofstra student killed
- Body found in woods ID'd as missing student Alyssiah Wiley
- Stunning video catches Oregon pot robbery
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos