Better to be lucky?
January 7, 2013 (WABC) -- And who says it's not dangerous to play the lottery?
Consider this - the medical examiner in Chicago says a $1 million lottery winner who died the day after he collected the money, did not die of natural causes. He was killed - says the examiner - poisoned with cyanide.
The man's body has been exhumed, as this now-murder investigation unfolds.
I'm just sayin'.
Now to tonight's 11 p.m. newscast.
Will they strike or won't they? We're talking about school bus drivers, who are at an impasse for their new contracts. They have so far decided to stay on the job, but the threat of a strike is always real, and we're following developments, tonight at 11. This is a huge deal for parents and students - New York City bus drivers take 150,000 kids a week - or about 15 percent of the city's public school students.
And this just in - turns out Mayor Bloomberg is advising Vice President Biden in the White House effort to consider new gun control legislation. The Mayor of course is one of the most outspoken proponents of gun control.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports.
I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 33 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at N.J. shopping center 13 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- US deploys 600 troops to Ukraine border nations 7 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- One dead, another rescued in Long Island fire
- Not so fast! Palcohol not approved by federal government
- Passengers step up to help elderly man in bus brawl
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- Brooklyn hit and run suspect identified by police
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos