And now, a blizzard
February 7, 2013 (WABC) -- Just what we need. A blizzard. The warning now starts at 6 a.m. Friday and ends, at least for now, at 1 a.m.
I've seen our chief meteorologist Lee Goldberg in action and in a variety of storm situations over the past 14+ years. And I've seen him nail forecasts and storm tracks days before they actually hit. And he certainly nailed it on the head during superstorm Sandy.
This winter storm has been different. The number of possibilities has floated around like the best knuckleballer's pitch. But now Lee's zeroed in on the track, and he says it will dump more snow than we thought. Could we get more than 10 inches in New York City from this storm that's dumping 2 feet and more in New England?
Lee's tracking it tonight, and we'll have the latest at 11.
We also have reporters out in it - from Long Island, where a power company in disarray is causing worries about electricity, to Connecticut, where roads are likely to be problematic because of the 1-2 feet of snow that's expected. We're also in New York City, where folks are prepping.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- FDNY divers search after report of 2 through ice 5 min ago
- Gunman dead in shooting at Colorado high school 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday 51 min ago
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013 9 min ago
- New York City issues snow alert 22 min ago
- Man in custody after incident at Chelsea school 28 min ago
- Baruch College student died from head injuries, coroner says
- Mom of Newtown victim recalls that painful day 14 min ago
- Police searching for missing Rider U student
- Newtown victims to be remembered Saturday
- Photos: Photos of the Newtown school shooting victims
- Kansas man arrested in car bomb plot at airport
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email 20 min ago
- Mega Millions rises to $425M for Friday drawing
- AccuWeather: Winter storm Saturday
51 min ago