Having The Conversation
February 19, 2013 (WABC) -- So what will the end of your life look like? How much say will you have over how you spend the last days or weeks, months or years?
I'm involved in an ambitious project with ABC News called The Conversation, in partnership with The Conversation Project, as we take an honest look at having people initiate honest conversations with their family and loved ones.
Our medical profession has, for the most part, been concerned only about keeping people alive, without much official concern about the quality of their lives during that process.
The Conversation is about changing that equation. Today, I participated in a Twitter chat hosted by ABC News medical editor Dr. Richard Besser, as a group of experts discussed these issues. It was fascinating and energizing. No, not everyone will want to talk about this. But yes, those who do now have a means and a venue to do that.
Here's the link to the chat - #ABCDRBCHAT
There was some great information and ideas exchanged.
That's the backbeat for me as we put together our 11 p.m. newscast tonight.
We're following several intriguing stories tonight, including the first court appearance tonight of a man accused of ripping off a Salvador Dali painting from an art gallery on the Upper East Side of Manhattan last June. Cops say he apparently felt guilty about it, so shipped it back from Milan. But then he was busted - and how they got him is the story. It was with an elaborate lure. Jeff Pegues is on the story for us.
And our investigative reporter Jim Hoffer takes a look at the tricky ways some drivers have of evading EZ Pass tolls - something that's costing the Port Authority an estimated $28 million a year. But, hey, they don't need the moolah, right?
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers in Florida with spring training. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act