February 26, 2013 (WABC) -- I am overwhelmed with warmth. That's the only way to describe the feeling from all these people on social media wishing me happy birthday. I guess my birth date is written somewhere, right? How else do so many people know this?
Anyway, that's my feeling. Warmth. So thank you to all the great friends I know well and those I know less well for the best-wishes. I'm feeling high from it, and that's a good thing.
I'm a lucky guy - 3 kids, a wonderful mate. And I'm thinking how my mom and dad would have enjoyed all this; if only they could have gotten a glimpse of what they've yielded; if only they could have known, in that hospital in Los Angeles, all that they have spawned.
Dang, I wish they were here.
So, with my birthday as the backdrop, on to tonight's 11 p.m. newscast.
We start with Meteorologist Lee Goldberg, who's tracking yet another storm moving through our area tonight. Rain mostly, but some areas may get a bit of snow. His AccuWeather forecast will break it out the timing.
Also at 11, legalized gambling over the Internet - that's the bill legislators in New Jersey sent to Gov. Christie today. And he's likely to sign it. Is more gambling what society needs? Is more revenue what New Jersey needs? We break it down for you tonight, thanks to our Jim Dolan.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance 28 min ago
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade 59 min ago
- Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
59 min ago