A sexual predator in Queens
May 3, 2013 (WABC) -- Do these sex attacks come in waves? It seems as if they do. And right now we seem to be in the middle of a horrible cycle.
We're keeping close watch on the sexual predator on the loose in Queens; so far 3 young girls have been victimized, and police fear there may be more. They have released video, still pictures, a sketch - anything to get this guy. And fast. And with warm weather and people on the streets, what do parents tell their kids about how to be safe? We're on the story, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, an interesting and conundrum of a situation in Newtown, Connecticut. They're meeting tonight to decide the fate of Sandy Hook Elementary School, site of that gun massacre in December that killed 20 kids and 6 adults. What to do with the school? Tear it down? Keep it and put up a memorial? Would you want your kid to go to the same place where so many were murdered? And if your child was killed there would you want the facility left standing? Do you make an emotional stand by keeping it? It's complicated. Jeff Pegues is there for us tonight.
And a group of local tenants - caught in the middle of a contentious divorce proceeding between the owners of the building. It's been a hot potato of a domestic battle, but there's a shortage of heat and hot water for the tenants. Say what? Nina Pineda and 7 On Your Side take up the tenants cause, at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's weekend AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports - will the Knicks win their first NBA playoff series in 13 years? If they beat the Celtics, they will.
I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11, right after 20/20.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Malaysia Airlines says plane went missing 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos