Puerto Rican flag on a beer can?
May 29, 2013 (WABC) -- Talk about a brouhaha. Many members of the Puerto Rican community, furious tonight over the slapping of a Puerto Rican flag on commemorative cans of Coors Light beer, the nation's third-best seller.
Coors is a sponsor of the Puerto Rican Day Parade next month, and they thought it was a sign of solidarity. Some Puerto Rican activists say it's insulting. (A quick Google search shows Budweiser has put the U.S. flag on its cans. Just sayin'.)
So what now? Stay tuned. By the way, the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism says that Puerto Ricans consume more alcohol than any other Hispanic group.
We'll have any new developments, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, so what happened that a house in Howard Beach, Queens just blew up today, sending one woman to the hospital?
The pictures are terrifying as part of the house collapsed after catching fire.
And what's up with Larry King? The venerable talk show host for decades a go-to interviewer now working with the Kremlin-funded "RT" (which used to be called "Russia Today") and a new show, "Politics with Larry King." It's billed as "a mold-breaking political talk show" with King "speaking to both leading establishment figures, and those who are not afraid to go against the grain."
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's hotter AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Bill would require equal access to tenant amenities 20 min ago
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate 1 min ago
- Stage collapses at California high school; dozens hurt
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams