June 25, 2013 (WABC) -- So lemme get this right. The states that had needed federal oversight to ensure that all citizens, regardless of their race, could have access to the ballot box shouldn't have that federal oversight anymore because we're all kumbayah and everything now?
Yes things have changed, but there are many who are scratching their heads over today's Supreme Court ruling that invalidates a key portion of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Pres. Obama called the 5-4 ruling "disappointing." And there are many who wonder if we're on a road back to the future.
So what's your take? We'd love to hear. We'll have the latest on the controversial ruling, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, steamy enough for ya? What's the old saw back in my hometown region of the West? It's not the heat it's the humidity! And it's the humidity today. How long will it last? Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast is tracking this heat wave.
And a remarkable sight at a high school graduation tonight in Orange County. An 85-year-old man will be watching his grandchildren walk down the aisle and up to the stage. Actually, not just watching. He'll be walking with him. The grandfather finished high school, but was deployed by the Navy and never got to officially receive his diploma. Tonight, 70 years later, he will. And our Carolina Leid will be there.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos