More wild weather
June 27, 2013 (WABC) -- What a weird summer so far. There's this nagging feeling among many that the deep-blue sky, lazy days of summer are things belonging only to childhood memories.
Warm days that include the ever-present threat of violent thunderstorms, flash flooding and lightning strikes that's the dirty little fear that seems to be weighing on some people I know.
We can debate whether there's global warming and climate change (and really, who's gonna make the argument that this weather reality is just like it's always been? Or it's just part of some once-every-x-number-of-years weather cycle?
Go ahead see if anyone believes you!). But sheesh, with all due respect to my great friend Lee Goldberg, and with a shout-out to Bob Dylan, sometimes you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
I don't know the science, I just know it feels clammy and steamy, and I worry about trees falling. I'm just sayin'.
We're in for another round of storms tonight shocker. And Lee's tracking it all, tonight at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Two other notes: I'll be off on Friday, so this column will resume tomorrow.
And finally, a big hug and loving send off to my friend and valued colleague Jeff Pegues. He's been a great reporter for Eyewitness News for nearly 10 years. He hit the ground running in the fall of 2003, and we all knew immediately he was the real thing, a great reporter. But he's been so much more than that. He's smart and compassionate, a hard worker who cares about the words he says and the stories he produces. Most importantly, he's a great father and husband. And a good friend. Jeff's heading to another job, based in Washington, and while we wish he were staying, we wish him well.
Love you, Jeff.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Obamas to attend Tuesday service for Nelson Mandela
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded
- Yankees open to Brett Gardner trade
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Eric Gelinas' OT goal helps Devils beat Rangers
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia