A grave dispute
July 2, 2013 (WABC) -- Some will say they ought to be ashamed, the descendants of Nelson Mandela. Talk about a mess - the situation in South Africa involving Mandela's large family - kids, grandkids, great grandchildren - is mortifying for anyone, but especially for a man who lived his life embracing dignity.
Bodies of dead children have been moved, and then sued over. Sixteen relatives have taken grandson Mandla Mandela to court after he reburied the children's remains in Mandela's birthplace of Mvezo in 2011 Bickering between various factions has been played out in public and in the courts. Now, Mandla Mandela is facing criminal charges. And it adds to the growing uncertainty of what's really going on in the end-of-life care of one of the 20th Century's true heroes.
We'll have the latest, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, a one-year-old on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, tonight fighting for his life and at the center of an emotional plea by parents hoping to raise enough money to treat the child's rare disease. The 2-in-a-million odds disease requires a bone marrow transplant, and now the parents are looking for a match and money.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- South Plainfield High School lockdown lifted 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck 1 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 4 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt 39 min ago
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 1 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3...
39 min ago