Beauty Queen files suit against NYPD
July 9, 2013 (WABC) -- She was a beauty pageant queen, but her crown meant nothing apparently when she and her mother were stopped by cops Harlem.
The mother and daughter say they showed the police their valid registration and insurance card, but they were hauled into the precinct, accused of having a stolen car.
And the women say it got rough. Mom says she was slammed into the car, and daughter says she was harassed for her good looks inside the station house.
Now, they've filed suit, and the precinct involved has the highest number of stop and frisks in New York City. The story, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, we're in Westchester County where a reform-minded high school principal has been told she's out, and she and her supporters are stunned. Strong reaction tonight from parents, students and teachers. Why was she let go? We're digging deeper.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Jeff Smith (in for Lee Goldberg) with his AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Diana Williams (in for Sade Baderinwa) and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Sick patrons interrupt Broadway show performance 22 min ago
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade 53 min ago
- Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade
53 min ago