Crews battle 3-alarm apartment fire in Middletown Twp., Bucks County
MIDDLETOWN TWP., Pa. -- Fire crews are battling a 3-alarm fire at an apartment complex in Middletown Township, Bucks County.
The blaze happened around 9:00 p.m. Friday night at the Racquet Club Apartments on the 1900 block of Veterans Highway.
Arriving fire crews reported flames coming from the roof and within minutes a third alarm was struck.
The fire gutted a portion of the building and has not been brought under control.
Fire crews attempted to battle the blaze from the roof but have since evacuated the roof and are working to fight the flames from the ground.
There have been no reports of injuries.
Area roads have been shut down and detours are in effect as crews continue to battle the blaze.
pennsylvania news, bucks county news, fire, eyewitness news
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Funeral for one of victims of Metro-North derailment
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress 27 min ago
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Wintry blast moves through much of country, heads East
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary