Did a NYPD raid cause a father's death?
August 15, 2013 (WABC) -- So the scenario as the family explains it goes something like this: New York cops raided an apartment in Brooklyn. But it's the wrong door, the wrong apartment. A 43-year-old man in the apartment becomes distressed during the raid, and drops dead, of an apparent heart attack.
This is a story we broke at 7online and then on Eyewitness News, and tonight at 11, we're following the allegations and the NYPD's response.
Also at 11, a hero in New Jersey, in the waters at Perth Amboy. A man trying to save two young boys, ends up drowning. The waters are fast-moving, and the man and the two kids were in trouble. 29-year-old Jorge Romero pushed the boys to safety, but he paid with his life. What a hero.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Amy Freeze (in for Lee Goldberg) with her AccuWeather forecast, and Laura Behnke (in for Rob Powers) with the night's sports.
I hope you can join us at 11.
And a personal note: I'm on vacation starting Friday and next week. This column will resume on Aug. 26. See you then.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures