Did a NYPD raid cause a father's death?
August 15, 2013 (WABC) -- So the scenario as the family explains it goes something like this: New York cops raided an apartment in Brooklyn. But it's the wrong door, the wrong apartment. A 43-year-old man in the apartment becomes distressed during the raid, and drops dead, of an apparent heart attack.
This is a story we broke at 7online and then on Eyewitness News, and tonight at 11, we're following the allegations and the NYPD's response.
Also at 11, a hero in New Jersey, in the waters at Perth Amboy. A man trying to save two young boys, ends up drowning. The waters are fast-moving, and the man and the two kids were in trouble. 29-year-old Jorge Romero pushed the boys to safety, but he paid with his life. What a hero.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Amy Freeze (in for Lee Goldberg) with her AccuWeather forecast, and Laura Behnke (in for Rob Powers) with the night's sports.
I hope you can join us at 11.
And a personal note: I'm on vacation starting Friday and next week. This column will resume on Aug. 26. See you then.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 45 min ago
- Woman charged with setting minivan fire, kids inside
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease 34 min ago
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013