Something's gotta give
September 20, 2013 (WABC) -- Just wanna get this right? Cutting $40 billion from the food stamp program is supposed to help poor people get jobs? That's the logic from those in Congress who passed the 10-year bill last night. Maybe I'm missing something.
The bill heads to the Senate, where the cut is $4 billion over 10 years. Something's gotta give.
Ditto with the House bill to overturn so-called "Obamacare" health reform. The Senate will not approve any bill that includes killing the President's signature legislation of his first term. So we're headed for a stalemate - with shutting down the federal government at stake. We'll have the latest on the dysfunctional Washington, D.C., tonight at 11.
Also at 11, attention any young person trying to make it as a model in New York: A young woman is now suing the State and a huge photo agency after her picture was used in a Public Service Announcement about HIV. She was labeled "HIV-positive" - and she says she never consented to having her picture used for that.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports, including the Yankees long-shot wild-card bid for the playoffs. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos