Something's gotta give
September 20, 2013 (WABC) -- Just wanna get this right? Cutting $40 billion from the food stamp program is supposed to help poor people get jobs? That's the logic from those in Congress who passed the 10-year bill last night. Maybe I'm missing something.
The bill heads to the Senate, where the cut is $4 billion over 10 years. Something's gotta give.
Ditto with the House bill to overturn so-called "Obamacare" health reform. The Senate will not approve any bill that includes killing the President's signature legislation of his first term. So we're headed for a stalemate - with shutting down the federal government at stake. We'll have the latest on the dysfunctional Washington, D.C., tonight at 11.
Also at 11, attention any young person trying to make it as a model in New York: A young woman is now suing the State and a huge photo agency after her picture was used in a Public Service Announcement about HIV. She was labeled "HIV-positive" - and she says she never consented to having her picture used for that.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast, and Rob Powers with the night's sports, including the Yankees long-shot wild-card bid for the playoffs. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies at 87 52 min ago
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Person of interest ID'd in Flatbush teen's shooting
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87
- Central Park Conservancy wants horse carriages to stay 59 min ago
- Suspense builds for season finale of 'Scandal'