Exclusive new video in the motorcycle road rage case
October 21, 2013 (WABC) -- If anyone had any doubts about those bikers who pummeled Alexian Lien as he sat in his SUV with his wife and their 2-year-old boy last month - then watch the exclusive video we've obtained of the beating.
It shows what cops have known for a while - that a handful of bikers pulled Mr. Lien out of his car after smashing the windows, and then stomped and beat him. They leave with Mr. Lien lying, limp, on the ground. He's since recovered, but the video is infuriating. Even more so when you consider the people charged include a New York cop.
We broke this story on 7online.Com. And tonight at 11, we take a closer look at it, and how it will affect the case against the bikers.
Also at 11, what appears to be the first case of vehicular homicide in Essex County in New Jersey for texting while driving. A woman from Rahway now charged in a fatal collision in Newark - and cops say she crossed into the other lanes of traffic because she was texting. The other driver was hit, his pickup truck flipped over and he was ejected.
Put down your phones if you're behind the wheel!
And the second of three debates for New York Mayor is set for tonight. Republican Joe Lhota against Democrat Bill de Blasio. Our political reporter Dave Evans is covering the debate for us at 11.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast (a big change in the forecast), and Laura Behnke (in for Rob Powers) with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Newark tanker fire snarls traffic, delays NJ Transit trains
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- George Zimmerman's parents sue Roseanne Barr
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas
- Report: Average Wall Street bonus tops $164,000