Murder charge without a body
October 24, 2013 (WABC) -- A murder charge without a body? Always strange when that happens, and it doesn't happen that often. But tonight a man and his mother facing charges in connection with a woman's murder in Cranford, New Jersey.
Her murder even though her body has not been found.
There's clearly evidence somewhere, although cops aren't saying what evidence. And so that's one reason why that's a story for us tonight at 11.
Also at 11, Billy Graham, the evangelical preacher who has counseled so many Presidents, has been released from the hospital tonight in North Carolina. He's 95, so we're keeping tabs on him. I interviewed once, on the eve of the opening of the Richard Nixon Library in southern California, and he made news, saying he told Nixon in the Oval Office that the war in Vietnam was wrong, and that he was against it. It was news because Graham hadn't come out publicly at the time against the war, and was a die-hard supporter of Nixon's.
And a note about the power of Facebook and social media and how it's not nice to keep your spouse in the dark. An attorney in Sonoma County in northern California was running for office county Clerk/Recorder/Assessor. Just one snag: He didn't tell his wife. But she found out, on Facebook. And then she let it be known that he probably should have consulted her first. He's now suspended his campaign.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast (a big change in the forecast), and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- New measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Burger King baby seeks birth mom
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos