Murder charge without a body
October 24, 2013 (WABC) -- A murder charge without a body? Always strange when that happens, and it doesn't happen that often. But tonight a man and his mother facing charges in connection with a woman's murder in Cranford, New Jersey.
Her murder even though her body has not been found.
There's clearly evidence somewhere, although cops aren't saying what evidence. And so that's one reason why that's a story for us tonight at 11.
Also at 11, Billy Graham, the evangelical preacher who has counseled so many Presidents, has been released from the hospital tonight in North Carolina. He's 95, so we're keeping tabs on him. I interviewed once, on the eve of the opening of the Richard Nixon Library in southern California, and he made news, saying he told Nixon in the Oval Office that the war in Vietnam was wrong, and that he was against it. It was news because Graham hadn't come out publicly at the time against the war, and was a die-hard supporter of Nixon's.
And a note about the power of Facebook and social media and how it's not nice to keep your spouse in the dark. An attorney in Sonoma County in northern California was running for office county Clerk/Recorder/Assessor. Just one snag: He didn't tell his wife. But she found out, on Facebook. And then she let it be known that he probably should have consulted her first. He's now suspended his campaign.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast (a big change in the forecast), and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face 20 min ago
- Russians, Crimeans discuss referendum on joining Russia
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- LI police make arrest in string of home burglaries 1 min ago
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos