Another twist in the stop-and-frisk debate
October 31, 2013 (WABC) -- So a fascinating thing happened this afternoon to Bill de Blasio on his apparent way to becoming the 109th Mayor of New York. His signature issue -stopping the NYPD's controversial Stop and Frisk practice - is now un-stopped.
A federal appeals court blocked a lower court judge's order requiring big changes - and it removed the judge from the case, saying she violated the code of conduct for federal judges by giving media interviews and making statements and didn't appear impartial.
So here we go again - stop and frisk stepping again front and center into the public debate, with one of the NYPD's prime crime-fighting tactics at the center of it all.
We'll have reaction and the what-now part of the story, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, we'll have the latest on Halloween in the tri-state - where for many folks it's been a non-existent night for the last 2 years; last year because of Sandy and in 2011 because of an ice storm.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast (a windswept, rainy morning commute), and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Large explosion, fire in East Harlem; at least 11 hurt 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live! 25 min ago
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 11 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25