Another twist in the stop-and-frisk debate
October 31, 2013 (WABC) -- So a fascinating thing happened this afternoon to Bill de Blasio on his apparent way to becoming the 109th Mayor of New York. His signature issue -stopping the NYPD's controversial Stop and Frisk practice - is now un-stopped.
A federal appeals court blocked a lower court judge's order requiring big changes - and it removed the judge from the case, saying she violated the code of conduct for federal judges by giving media interviews and making statements and didn't appear impartial.
So here we go again - stop and frisk stepping again front and center into the public debate, with one of the NYPD's prime crime-fighting tactics at the center of it all.
We'll have reaction and the what-now part of the story, tonight at 11.
Also at 11, we'll have the latest on Halloween in the tri-state - where for many folks it's been a non-existent night for the last 2 years; last year because of Sandy and in 2011 because of an ice storm.
We'll also have any breaking news of the night, plus Meteorologist Lee Goldberg's AccuWeather forecast (a windswept, rainy morning commute), and Rob Powers with the night's sports. I hope you can join Sade Baderinwa and me, tonight at 11.
Subscribe to my page on Facebook at facebook.com/billritter.wabc.
Follow my tweets at www.twitter.com/billritter7.
eyewitness news, bill ritter
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos