Baby stops breathing on Miami freeway; photos capture rescue
MIAMI (WABC) -- Incredible pictures captured the dramatic moments when a baby stopped breathing during traffic along a busy Miami freeway.
An aunt was on babysitting duty when everything went wrong. Pamela Rauseo started performing mouth-to-mouth on her 5-month-old nephew when she noticed that he wasn't breathing and was starting to change color.
She got out of her car on the busy Dolphin Expressway and other drivers stopped to help her. Pulitzer prize-winning photographer Al Diaz happened to be a few cars back and captured some remarkable images.
Diaz alerted a police officer, who also happened to be driving by. The officer then took over the CPR and stabilized the baby's condition until more professional aid arrived.
The baby had been born prematurely and suffered an unknown health emergency. But thanks to the quick action of so many strangers coming together, the little boy is recuperating at a Miami-area hospital.
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination 47 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 30 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed 42 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery 45 min ago
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Hospital warns of possible blood...
47 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick...
45 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
30 min ago
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos