IronPigs add sizzle with bacon-themed gear
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - February 25, 2014 -- The Philadelphia Phillies minor league affiliate, the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, promise a little more sizzle this season.
The team announced bacon-themed Saturday uniforms.
VIEW IMAGES OF THE UNIFORMS
The uniforms include a cap with a bacon strip and a jersey with the word "Pigs" underlined by another bacon strip.
Players will also wear 'bacon-enriched pants,' according to the team, billed as the first pants to feature a logo within the piping, the team said.
It's all part of the "Smell the Change" initiative by the team.
"We worked tirelessly over the last year to develop new identities that not only embody the rich tradition of the Lehigh Valley but also the spirit of the IronPigs and our fans," team President and General Manager Kurt Landes said in a statement.
In addition to the new uniforms, the team will also start selling "scratch and sniff" t-shirts that smell like bacon.
pennsylvania news, allentown news, lehigh valley ironpigs, philadelphia phillies, eyewitness news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act