7 On Your Side
When to buy what after Christmas
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The day after Christmas is one of the most popular shopping days of the year, but how do the sales stack up to other notable retail events?
We found out what's hot and what's not for your post-Christmas purchasing.
Look for in-store deals to be better than on-line buys the day after Christmas.
Big crowds will be returning gifts and cashing in gift cards. That's why stores will be slashing prices to encourage shoppers to spend more.
Dealnews.com says December 26th is a huge day for giant savings on apparel. Expect deep discounts on all apparel, but you might want to hold off on buying winter coats and boots. Lower prices will likely come next month.
Another after Christmas gimme is for gamers. Popular video game titles reach their rock bottom prices of the year the week after Christmas.
On the other hand, don't get a gaming system yet. An updated Wii and Playstation are about to come out and all electronics prices will likely get even lower.
If you have Christmas cash or that gift card burning a hole in your pocket, hanging on to it until next month will pay off if you're in the market for anything with a power switch as retailers clear out the old to make way for the new.
When you get to the high end TVs, the best deals are going to come closer to the Super Bowl.
CONNECT WITH NINA PINEDA AND 7 ON YOUR SIDE
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
holiday shopping, 7 on your side, nina pineda
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 18 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 6 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Hicksville car crash kills 81-year old woman
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
25 min ago