7 On Your Side
A bed frame that will not stay framed
FLEMINGTON, N.J. (WABC) -- What Francia Reyes got is not what Francia Reyes believed she paid for, a bed frame that won't stay framed.
The bed frame had a snapped hinge that would not stay closed.
After all, the website where she found her white bedroom set promised hardwood and high quality. At first, her new bedroom set held up, but then three months later, it started to break.
The translator and receptionist didn't worry about the $2,400 she had saved from her two jobs to buy the furniture, because she says she was promised a one year warranty after purchasing it from the website.
"I call them, they say they want nothing to do with me," Reyes explained.
Unable to sleep in her cracking bed, Reyes took the Brooklyn based GoGo Furniture to a small claims court. She argued that the "hard wood, high-quality" that was advertised on the website was false. Reyes won.
The court date was just before last Thanksgiving, but by Easter she still hadn't seen a dime. That was all until 7 On Your Side put the "giddy-up" into Go-Go Furniture.
The owner told 7 On Your Side he was dealt a raw deal by a New Jersey small claims court judge. He also said that his business never promised Reyes a warranty, and stood by the quality of his furniture. However, just days after 7 On Your Side's call, the broken furniture was out of there.
So it was out with the set, and in with the check. Her judgment plus interest was paid in full!
CONNECT WITH NINA PINEDA AND 7 ON YOUR SIDE
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
7 on your side, nina pineda
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD commisioner 45 min ago
- Police search for suspect in Brooklyn shooting
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Metro-North derailment victim Jim Lovell to be laid to rest
- Freeze takes an icy grip on much of the nation 15 min ago
- Springsteen 'Born to Run' draft sells for $197K 35 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Bill Bratton tapped to return as NYPD...
45 min ago