7 On Your Side
Blue Bonnet graphic artist finally paid for auction
NEW YORK (WABC) -- It's the smile that sold tons of tubs.
Since World War II the Blue Bonnet girl has graced the side of margarine containers.
As a young graphic artist Stuart Scherr worked on the Blue Bonnet ad campaign and one day rescued one of the original paintings from the office trash bin.
His graphic designs have made marketing magic with countless consumer products.
Stuart's apartment's a treasure trove with stacks of original illustrations he's rescued from ruin.
His best garbage grab was this sweet smiling Blue Bonnet girl.
Two years ago he commissioned Chelsea art auctioneer, Illustration House to sell it. It was finally bought last May for $2,500.
No payment ever arrived. It was like déją vu for 7 On Your Side.
Years ago, 7 On Your Side helped get two consumers get back a combined $25,000 owed to them from the Illustration House.
So 7 On Your Side called the art house yet again. The owner apologized explaining first two buyers backed out then he sent Stuart's check to the wrong person, with the same last name, back in September.
7 On Your Side was there when Stuart was given three bank checks, payment in full plus interest, for nearly $2,000.
CONNECT WITH NINA PINEDA AND 7 ON YOUR SIDE
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
art, auction, 7 on your side, nina pineda
- Residents warned to look out for black ice
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots! 52 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Avonte's mother continues search with new headquarters 59 min ago
- Limited 7 train service on entire line
- Tourist who lost leg in taxi crash sues city
- Fire inside the Marriott Marquis in Times Square
- Man struck and killed by car on LIE
- Flu shots could be mandatory for NYC kids
- Photos: Nelson Mandela Memorial Service
- Photos: Viewer snow storm pictures
- WestJet plays Santa to 250 lucky passengers
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- AccuWeather: Still Some Slick Spots!
52 min ago
- Avonte's mother continues search with new...
59 min ago