7 On Your Side
Trouble with breast cancer walk t-shirts
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Queens woman was raising money for her boss, a breast cancer survivor.
But the big event, the breast cancer walk, almost went bust when she says a local merchant gave her trouble instead of t-shirts she ordered.
It was time for 7 On Your Side to think pink to get her back some green.
"Breast cancer t-shirts, we just couldn't believe it," said Tiffane Johnson, a Woody's Promotions Customer.
Tiffane Johnson's stunned and stuck after paying hundreds for t-shirts she says are all worthless and defective.
"I was ready to cry. I was really ready to cry," Johnson said.
She and her co-workers spent the whole year raising thousands for cancer, all for her boss, a breast cancer survivor.
"She is like my second mom. And when she told us that she had breast cancer it really hit close," Johnson said.
A month before the walk, Tiffane paid Woody's Promotions more than $800 to make shirts for her group's walkers.
"What percentage of the shirts are bad?" asked 7 On Your Side's Nina Pineda.
"I would say all of them are bad," Johnson said.
First, the design wasn't centered.
Some shirts had burn marks. Others were half finished.
On one the all-important pink ribbon is missing.
And the capper, names of fundraisers are misspelled. "Mario" should be "Maria."
She said she wanted a refund, but Tiffane said the business owner said no.
Tiffane said her choice was give Woody's even more money for a re-print or pay another company to do it right.
"That's what it's supposed to look like, yes," Johnson said.
And that's what she did.
Check out Woody's printing versus the other shirt shop which did it perfectly.
For Tiffane hope for a resolution was fading.
So 7 On Your Side started their own walk, this time going with Tiffane to Woody's Promotions.
The owner took responsibility for the shoddy work and promised payment.
"Why are you smiling? You got your cash?" Pineda asked.
"Yes," Johnson said.
In two installments, a full refund in cash. "Thank you so much, you helped me so much," Johnson said.
Tiffane's walk team is going to donate every penny she got back from Woody's Promotions to breast cancer awareness.
As for her boss, she made the walk and her cancer is years in remission.
CONNECT WITH NINA PINEDA AND 7 ON YOUR SIDE
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
7 on your side, nina pineda
- Hazmat respond to Carteret freight train derailment 2 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
7 min ago